At Best Pet Meds your privacy is very important to us. This Privacy Statement is here to inform you about how and what personal information we hold about you, and what we will use it for. This website and Privacy Statement is intended for and directed to people residing and using our website in the UK.
This Privacy Statement was last revised in May 2018. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. It is advised that you study this Privacy Statement each time you visit the www.bestpetmeds.co.uk website.
By using the www.bestpetmeds.co.uk website, you agree to the terms and conditions of the most recent version of this Privacy Statement. Please read our Terms and Conditions to understand the general rules about your use of this website. You may be subject to additional terms that may apply when you access particular services or materials on certain areas in this website, or by following a link from this website.
For the proper operation of our website www.bestpetmeds.co.uk you are required to provide certain information to us. This can include information that you provide by filling in forms on our website and also includes information provided at the time of you registering on the website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion with Best Pet Meds, and when you report a problem with our website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Details of transactions you carry out through our website or by telephone and of the fulfilment of your orders. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What is Non-Personal Information?
Non-personal information is data that is collected when you visit the Best Pet Meds website which does not identify to you in any way. Examples of Non-Personal information are as follows:
- Information about the Web Browser you are using.
- The IP address of the computer you are using.
- The date and time you access the Best Pet Meds website.
- The name of the domain from which you access the internet.
- The referring website that linked you to the Best Pet Meds website.
- Which pages you have visited on the Best Pet Meds website.
This information is retrieved from your web browser. None of the information collected from your web browser provides us with personal information such as your name, your address or your email address. This is statistical data about our users 'browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may place a text file called a cookie in the browser files of your computer when you visit. The cookie may be stored on your computer's hard drive. The information that we collect using cookies is non-personal information. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our web site may not work properly for you if you do so. We will not allow third parties to place cookies on our web site.
How we Store and use Your Personal Information:
At Best Pet Meds we only gather personal information about you when you register for an account. This collected information is then held in a database on our server, and may be used:
- To respond to any requests you make to us.
- To obtain address information so that we can dispatch an order you have made.
- For analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
- To remove personal identity information such as your name, address and email address. (Once this has been done, your information will be non-personal information and may be treated like other non-personal information).
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To protect our rights or property.
- To protect someone's health, safety or welfare.
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these provided you have given your consent for us to do so.
Do You Store Credit/Debit Card or Bank Details?
Best Pet Meds does not hold any credit card information. Payments are handled by a Secure Server, operated and owned by a third party Merchant Service Provider for your security. Best Pet Meds are not responsible for sites outside of the Best Pet Meds website, and this includes the Secure Payment System.
Web Site Security Concerns
Whilst Best Pet Meds has taken all reasonable steps to ensure security of your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, we do not guarantee this as no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Any information you do provide is with, regardless of method or purpose, is at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Information
At Best Pet Meds we only gather personal information about you when you register for an account. This collected information is then held in a database on our securer servers, and may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Best Pet Meds or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Best Pet Meds, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Do You Share Personal Information?
Best Pet Meds will not release any of your personal information to any third parties without your permission, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting website visitors who violate our rules or engage in behaviour which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- Enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this web site.
- Protect our rights or property.
- Protect someone's health, safety or welfare.
- Comply with a law or regulation, court order of other legal process.
You have the right to ask Best Pet Meds not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to prevent disclosure by checking and/or unchecking the "Your Marketing Consents" box within your account and contact information area. You can also exercise your right to opt out of such disclosure at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our www.bestpetmeds.co.uk website may, from time to time, contain links to and/or from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Contacting Best Pet Meds
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us via one of the options below:
Sherburn Enterprise Park
Leeds LS25 6NB
Fax: +44 (0)1606 888851
Best Pet Meds is a trading name of Abbeyvet LLP.
310 Chester Road
Cheshire CW8 2AB
Company Registered in England
Company No. OC335466
VAT No. 929 5358 83