Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms & conditions carefully before using the www.bestpetmeds.co.uk website. By accessing and using this website you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions and any other terms or notices set out on this website.
Our trading premises are Registered Veterinary Premises, regulated by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and additionally the premises are regularly inspected by inspectors from the UK competent regulatory authority, the Veterinary Medicines, Directorate (VMD).
The supply of prescription only veterinary medicines by Best Pet Meds is under direct Veterinary Surgeon control. All our veterinary surgeons involved in this control process are registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Events beyond our Control
We won’t be held responsible for a breach in these terms and conditions from events that are beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- When you register your account with Best Pet Meds you agree that the information you give us are your own personal details and that they are correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. You further agree that you will always keep your account details up to date with your latest address information and contact details.
- When you register your account with Best Pet Meds you agree that your details will be held in our database and that these details will be treated as Personal Information as defined in the Best Pet Meds Privacy Statement. You also agree and acknowledge that submission of this information is at your own risk, and although appropriate measures are taken to ensure your personal data security Best Pet Meds does not take responsible for any breach or loss or unauthorised access to your personal details.
By using www.bestpetmeds.co.uk, you are taking responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.You should take all necessary steps to ensure that your password is kept confidential and secure and you should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in any unauthorised manner.
- You can access and update the information you provided us with in the Your Account area of the website. Best Pet Meds reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our complete discretion. If we cancel an order, it will be without charge to you.
- When you place your order for products from the Best Pet Meds website you agree that all the information in your account record is correct, and that all other information you provide to us with is also correct.
After your order has been placed you will receive an order acknowledgement which will summarise the products you have ordered and paid for. This email is not an order confirmation or acceptance from us. All orders are subject to acceptance by us and this acceptance confirmation will be sent via email once your order has been dispatched. Once your order has been dispatched, the contract between Best Pet Meds and you, the customer, will be formed. We may be unable to process your order if the items are out of stock or discontinued, we are awaiting a prescription or payment has not been authorised
We reserve the right to refuse any purchase order if we are not satisfied regarding its authenticity or appropriateness. Our decision in this regard will be final. Should this happen you will be informed by e-mail or telephone and a full refund will be made without delay.
You agree that we will not dispatch any items in the order if it contains a prescription only product until we receive a valid prescription for each of the prescription only products you have ordered.
All images are shown for illustration purposes only and packaging of the products received may vary from these images due to changes made by manufacturers and/or our suppliers.
- To check the availability status of a product please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01977 689902
- Please take the time to fill in your animals details when requested. Certain licensed NFA-VPS products require this information to be provided before they can be legally sold to you. This is to ensure you are ordering the correct product for your animal and also that Best Pet Meds complies with its legal responsibilities.
- You agree to pay us the full amount via a secure Third Party Online Payment Service Portal, and that you understand the requirements for ordering Prescription Drugs, as defined in on our Prescriptions Information page.
- Best Pet Meds is not responsible for the content of any external websites that link from www.bestpetmeds.co.uk .
- If ordering from outside the UK please check the import laws and regulations for your country. We are unable to accept responsibility for orders stopped by customs or any other authority. Any such orders remain entirely at your risk.
- Please note that we do not ship Heavy Items or Pet Food over 2kg outside of the UK Mainland.
- Our website contains many products and it is always possible that, despite our best endeavours, some of the products listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify the selling prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the product to you. If the correct price of a product is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our sole discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the product, or reject your order and notify you without delay of any such rejection.
- Best Pet Meds is under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect lower price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a case of mis-pricing.
If your order contains any “prescription only drugs” that have been prescribed by your veterinary surgeon on a written prescription you must immediately email a scan, fax or upload a scan of the written prescription. This enables us to start processing your order. However we cannot dispense and send any veterinary surgeon written prescription items until we receive your veterinary surgeon’s original written prescription and we must receive this written prescription by post within 7 days of placing your order on our website. For additional information please refer to the instructions on our Prescriptions Information page. If you do not supply the original of your veterinary surgeon's written prescription to us within this 7 day time limit your order for any veterinary surgeon written “prescription only drugs” will be cancelled automatically. Please note: if the required valid original veterinary surgeon written prescription is not received by post by us within the 7 day (from order placement) time limit, then no refund will be given for those items. If you place an order for veterinary surgeon written “prescription only drugs” by accepting our terms and conditions you understand that you have no entitlement to any repayment or refund under any such circumstances whatsoever.
When you purchase items from the Best Pet Meds website, you agree that the credit/debit card you use to pay for purchases is your own, and that Best Pet Meds is not responsible in any way for the Online Payment Portal.
Best Pet Meds holds no information regarding your credit/debit/bank account details. All card data is processed in a secure manner by PayPal, a third party online payment portal provider.
Payment for the products you have ordered can be made by credit or debit card, or using a PayPal account. You will receive confirmation that the transaction has been authorised and that your chosen payment method has been debited. You will also receive a reference number with this confirmation which will need to be quoted in any future correspondence.
- Delivery charges and estimated time-scales are specified in the Delivery Information Section which will have been selected by you at checkout. Best Pet Meds always makes every effort to ensure we meet these time-scales; however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Best Pet Meds is under no liability for delay or failure to deliver your order within the estimated time-scales. The Delivery Information page has more information on all our delivery options. When you purchase any products from Best Pet Meds you agree and acknowledge that Best Pet Meds dispatches orders using Royal Mail 2nd Class as Standard Delivery and that Best Pet Meds is not responsible for your order once it has been dispatched.
- We make it a priority to ensure that all the items on our website are available from stock and we aim to dispatch in-stock orders within two working days.
- Standard 2nd Class Royal Mail Delivery takes an average of 3 - 5 working days to be delivered. You can speed up delivery by upgrading to 1st Class or Special Next Day Delivery for an additional charge. European orders can be expected to take longer.
- If for any reason an item is out of stock or is not received in time from our suppliers we will notify you of when we expect to be able to dispatch. If you do not wish to wait for the late delivery you have the right to cancel your order for that item and receive a full refund for that item.
- In some situations Best Pet Meds may issue you with a free replacement of the items in your order in the case that the original order was lost in the post. However, any offer of a free replacement is entirely at the discretion of Best Pet Meds and will only ever be considered after a thorough investigation of any alleged failed delivery.
- Best Pet Meds will send to the delivery address specified during the checkout process. Best Pet Meds will accept no responsibility for orders that are not received due to the incorrect address details being provided by you when placing your order.
- All products which require refrigeration storage must be sent via courier to ensure that they arrive in optimum condition. Such products cannot be sent internationally. All refrigerated storage products are sent with cold packs to ensure maintenance of temperature during the 24 hour delivery period. In addition to the cost of the courier there is also a cost for the "cool box" in which the product will be packed. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for the package and that the contents are removed from the packaging and are placed in a fridge immediately after receiving the package. Best Pet Meds cannot take any responsibility for the contents of the package after the allotted 24 hour delivery period e.g. if no one is available to sign for the package at the first delivery attempt and it gets sent back to the local delivery depot. Best Pet Meds are not liable for the cost of any replacement order. If a method of dispatch OTHER that the Next Day option is selected as the delivery method for refrigerated items, we cannot be held responsible for their condition on arrival.
Use of the Web Site
- You may block any cookies from Best Pet Meds but you accept full responsibility and agree that Best Pet Meds is not responsible for any problems that may arise whilst using the Best Pet Meds Website when you have cookies blocked.
- Use of the Best Pet Meds Website is entirely at your own risk and Best Pet Meds cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen situations that may arise during its use.
- Best Pet Meds recommends that all users of its website have an adequate and up to date anti-virus program running on their computer. Best Pet Meds accepts no responsibility for computer viruses, trojans etc. which are recognised general risks associated with using the internet.
Restrictions on Use
You are granted a restricted licence to access and make personal use of the Best Pet Meds website. However, you may not download (other than page caching);modify any content or functionality without our expressed written permission.
Your personal use may not include any resale or commercial use of the website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions,or prices; downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our site for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not use framing techniques to make use of any trademark, logo, or other information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of www.bestpetmeds.co.uk without our expressed written consent.
Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by Best Pet Meds.
Best Pet Meds operates various affiliate schemes that enable other website participants and interested groups the opportunity to partner with us. By helping us to spread our message we offer incentive payments for sales that result. If you would like to find out more about these schemes please contact us directly.
Privacy & Security
By using www.bestpetmeds.co.uk you consent to accepting communications electronically.Emails and all communications sent through our site e.g. forms etc. to us and from us are defined as being electronic and are deemed to be “in writing” to satisfy any legal requirement.
Best Pet Meds only source and sell medicines that have been licensed for use in the UK. We only buy medicines direct from either the manufacturer or from an authenticated and authorised UK licensed wholesaler. Counterfeit or adulterated medicines that have become increasingly available on-line, whilst often attractively lower priced, they can seriously damage your pet’s health.
We do of course try and send you products with the longest possible expiry date,but sometimes this is not always achievable. Some products only come with a limited shelf life or the manufacturer may only have a certain date available for a product. Please check of all medicine received to make sure that you use it within the declared shelf life.
Please use, handle and store all products as stated in the manufacturer information contained on the product packaging or in our specific instructions,if supplied. Neither the manufacturer nor Best Pet Meds can be held responsible if you deviate from this advice.
Indemnity & Liability
By using the www.bestpetmeds.co.uk website you hereby agree to full indemnity for any costs,proceedings, losses, claims, damages, actions, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities suffered or incurred by Best Pet Meds through your breach, or failure to observe these conditions, or any contract made, or in relation to your improper use of this website.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes/limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
Best Pet Meds aggregate liability (whether in contract or otherwise) for loss or damage shall in any event be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid or payable by you for the product(s) in respect of one incident or a series of incidents attributable to the same cause.
This clause does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your cancellation rights.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but unless we are negligent we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
We reserve the right to alter our www.bestpetmeds.co.uk website, the contents and terms and conditions at any time. When you use our site the terms and conditions at that time apply.
The Sale and Supply of Veterinary Medicines
The prescription, sale and supply of veterinary medicines is regulated by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD). The VMD monitor the misuse of prescriptions. It is an offence to alter a prescription in any way without authorisation from the prescribing veterinary surgeon.
If Best Pet Meds identifies any prescription misuse, we are obliged to inform the UK’s competent regulatory authority, i.e. the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD). The VMD will investigate and decide what further action to take. As this takes a considerable amount of administration time we will cancel your order and no refund will be provided. This is to enable us to cover our costs which you agree to when accepting these terms and conditions.For full information regarding prescription regulations, please see our FAQ Section.
Best Pet Meds is a trading name of Abbeyvet LLP.
Company Registered in England
Company No. OC335466
VAT No. 929 5358 83
310 Chester Road
Cheshire CW8 2AB
Best Pet Meds
Sherburn Enterprise Park
Leeds LS25 6NB
Refunds & Returns
Please refer to our Returns Information page if you received products that were damaged in transit and also for further information on returns and refunds.
Excluding the products laid out below, you may cancel your order (or any part of it) at any stage before the products are delivered to you and up to seven days afterwards. You must contact us as per the Returns Information page for any cancellation and refunds can occur.
Products Not eligible for cancellation:
Perishable items such as food (due to health & safety or hygiene issues), unless they were damaged/faulty on delivery or incorrectly delivered to you.
- Where you decide to cancel an order after we have dispatched the products, you will be under a duty to return them to us at your own risk and cost. All such products should be returned within 7 days after the products have been delivered to you. Until such time as they are returned you must retain possession of the products and take reasonable care of them. You should return the products to us unused and in the same condition in which you received them together with the original product packaging by one of the means set out in our Returns Information page.
After you cancel your order and return the products any sum debited by us to yourcredit/debit card will be refunded less any charges in accordance with the Returns Information page. We will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. Refunds for products purchased as gifts can only be given to the credit/debit card of the person who placed the order. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of you cancelling your order.
If any product you purchase is damaged, faulty or incorrect when delivered to you we may offer an exchange or refund as appropriate in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a product is faulty, you should return the product to us in accordance with the Returns Information page. If you have any questions regarding returns please Contact Us.